Axis Family Resources Ltd. is hiring Casual, Part-Time, and/or Full-Time Specialized Caregivers(24-hour shifts) and Specialized Caregiver Supports (hourly support shifts) to support Persons Served living in our Specialized Supportive Housing. Building and maintaining healthy relationships with our Persons Served through a trauma-informed practice is the core of our work. You will promote a positive and healthy environment that supports our persons served towards achieving educational, social, and recreational goals while focusing on daily life skills development. Resiliency, empathy, patience, and the ability to set and maintain healthy boundaries are qualities of people who establish a meaningful career with Axis.
The Specialized Caregiver role is considered a “live-in” caregiver position. Typically, a full-follows a 3-day on, 3-day off shift model. As a Specialized Caregiver, you will be provided with in-depth training, a private secured staffroom for sleep, and 24-hour support.
*Proof of COVID-19 vaccination may be required*
About Axis Family Resources Ltd:
Axis Family Resources Ltd. is a leading British Columbia-based social services organization using a trauma-informed lens. We have maintained our CARF accreditation since 2003. Axis encourages promotion from within and invests in our people through ongoing training and career development. Our mission is to be the leader in the delivery of community based social services while enhancing the lives of the diverse people we serve, our employees, and our partners. Meeting our Mission means recruiting individuals who are passionate about making a difference.
Benefits for everyone:
• Meals and mileage included
• A unionized workforce with yearly wage increases
• CPI Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training provided
• Extensive in-house trainings provided, including Complex Trauma practice
• Exclusive Preferred Vendor Program discounts on internet, cell phone, home insurance, etc.
• Employee referral incentive
• Wellness initiatives and team day events Full-time and part-time eligible employees receive the following:
• Up to 3 weeks of paid holidays annually (beginning in the first year)
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Extended health benefits (dental, vision, prescription, etc.)
• Paramedical health benefits (chiropractor, massage, naturopath, etc.)
• Employee Assistance Program (offering short term counselling services, etc.)
• A certificate or diploma in Community Services, Health Care Aid, Human Services, or other related discipline
• Minimum 1- 2 years’ experience in social services, or a combination of education and experience will be considered
• Related experience in working with vulnerable populations or behavioral challenges will also be considered an asset (please outline type of experience in the ‘message to the employer’ section during the application process)
• Reliable transportation and a valid BC driver’s license
• Knowledge of and the ability to work with complex trauma, Autism, FASD, ODDor other neurobiological conditions is beneficial
• Clear Criminal Record Check (agency conducted, expenses covered)
• Level 1 First Aid (including CPR) - training provided by Agency
• Effective written and verbal communication Additional Information:
• A moderate level of physical fitness is an asset as direct delivery of program activities may involve standing, walking, exercising with the youth or adult, bending, lifting, etc.
• Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
24-hour shifts & hourly support shifts
If you have a passion for working with people - we are excited to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your experience working with at-risk, vulnerable children, youth, and/or adults.
E-mail Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 31, 2023