We are hiring: Project Coordinator(s)
Aski Reclamation is an indigenous-owned environmental consulting company which integrates First Nations’ knowledge with science, to deliver solutions to our clients and pave the way for industry best practices in Reclamation, Restoration, and Environmental Services.
Aski has a large portfolio of projects, which range from species at risk habitat reclamation to designing eco-cultural restoration projects and the Project Coordinator (PC) is responsible for the execution phase of these projects. The PC ensures the projects which are strategically planned by the Project Managers and Senior Scientist are executed safely, on schedule and within budget, and meet our internal standards as well as client expectations for quality.
The PC familiarizes and aligns themselves with a project design and then coordinates resources to bring the project to completion. This role requires a strong leader who is competent in ensuring processes are followed, managing people, arranging logistics, and distributing information.
Direct reports include Project Administrator, Field Leads, and Field Staff
This role requires the PC to be on project work sites during the execution phase of a project at times. Most of our work is done in natural remote locations, industrial sites, mines, offices, labs, and a range of assessment locations. When not in the field and actively supporting project execution at worksites, remote/hybrid working options may be considered.
- Familiarize yourself with project design, work scope, and client deliverables
- Familiarize yourself with safety requirements at each specific worksite; properly orientate new employees to the respective sites to ensure their health and well being
- Always demonstrate safe work practices, and recognize that your support for safety helps set a safe work culture and company standard
- Work with the health and safety employees to develop site orientation material, Safe Work Procedures, and other relevant safety program material
- Ensure that all staff under your direction are equipped with and are using the proper personal protective equipment, comply with company policies and procedures, and ethical standards
- Collaborate with the leadership team and senior technical staff to co-develop processes, standards, and tools reflective of industry standard
Supervisory and project coordination
- Ensure our field programs across northeastern British Columbia are properly lead, ensuring technical excellence, safety, and quality of deliveries
- Understand the importance of proper coordination per the plan as it has a bearing on overall project health and projects budget/financials
- Assist the Project Manager (PM) in developing project proposals, budgets, schedules, and workplans
- Facilitate project team meetings throughout the execution phase to ensure performance measures and milestones are being met
- Co-facilitate project kick off meetings with the PM
- Address or raise any issues, roadblocks, or deviations from plan to the PM in a timely manner; issues may include delays in resource procurement, sudden personnel shifts, or interpersonal conflicts
- Create project status reports for project managers and stakeholders, update PM software
- Manage project management documents such as the project plan, budget, schedule, or scope statement, as directed by the project manager
- Ensure documentation is maintained throughout the length of the project
- Support team members when implementing risk management strategies
- Delegate and assign project tasks to Project Administrators, Field Leads, Environmental Techs, or other direct reports accordingly
- Ensure tasks are completed on time, and as per the project plan
- Work with the PM to identify and procure necessary resources; ensure field staff have required tools, resources, and safety gear prior to heading to site to ensure minimal delays
- Perform minor logistic functions
- Laisse with Project Administrator for logistics and procurement support
- Support project managers and team members to help them complete project tasks