As a Janitorial Attendant you are authorized to exceed guest expectations by creating “picture perfect” guest experiences throughout the hotel; each and every shift. From the hotel lobby right through to all public guest areas; the Guests’ first impression around cleanliness is a powerful and lasting one.
Some Duties of a Janitorial Attendant include:
- Welcoming each and every guest as they walk by making eye contact and acknowledging them.
- Adheres to all standard operating procedures and understand all hotel processes and policies; but don’t forget you will occasionally have to find creative solutions in the pursuit of service excellence.
- Preparing for your shift starts with a well-stocked cart; complete with approved cleaning supplies, guest supplies. Ensure your vacuum, mop and dusters are clean and in good working order.
- Resilient and looks inward for solutions when under stress; displaying a positive can-do attitude at all times.
- Empowered to develop and maintain positive working relationships and communication with every team member and supporting the team to reach shared goals; working with front desk and housekeeping as a team to communicate and strategically clean hotel public areas by priority to suit guest arrival, departures and VIP check-ins
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience in janitorial, housekeeping or in a hotel is an asset
- Desire to work as a team player and establish a connection with coworkers and management to cultivate a positive atmosphere
- Proficient in English
- Attention to detail and pride in a quality job done well
The Housekeeping department is typically the largest department in the hotel, operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. Housekeeping may experience:
- Long periods of standing and bending
- Continuous physical movement during work hours
- Lifting up to, but not limited to, 30 lbs.
- Periods of working alone
Skills and Abillities
Hours & Schedule
Number of Vacancies
How to Apply