Manager of People and Information
Saulteau First Nations Mission
Saulteau First Nations (SFN) strives to be the Best Governed Nation, one that is proud, culturally strong, and self-sufficient. As stewards of the land, we will ensure that the best sustainable practices are followed, now and in the future. We remain proudly determined.
As a key player on the HR team, the HR Recruiter focuses their attention on finding the right applicants for the job and ensuring their first interactions and onboarding with the Nation are a positive experience. Additionally, the HR Recruiter performs other related administrative duties to support the People and Information Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides consistent, centralized support to Department Managers in the recruitment of new employees.
- Responds to internal and external job inquiries; redirects inquiries to the appropriate person within the team.
- Ensuring adherence to SFN hiring policy coordinates the recruitment process including:
- Confirms positions have the proper approvals from respective managers.
- Verifies job descriptions are up to date, accurate, and appropriately reflect the role.
- Prepares and manages job postings, and advertises jobs on a variety of platforms.
- Collects and consolidates applications and coordinates shortlisting with the Department Manager to assess candidate knowledge, abilities, and suitability.
- Arranges interview dates and times; contacts applicants.
- Works with Department Managers to ensure interview questions are developed.
- Performs reference checks and provides meaningful insight.
- Explains the Nation’s benefits package to potential candidates.
- Prepares letters of offer and seeks appropriate signatures.
- Liaises with the respective manager of a position to develop an onboarding plan.
- Contacts the IT provider to set up a new employee’s account and access.
- Conducts new employee orientation, ensuring all letters, forms, and policies are reviewed, signed, and understood.
- Ensures new employees receive the SFN Human Resources Employee Handbook
- Maintains confidential human resource files.
- Enrolls employees in benefits and pension plans.
- Schedules the probationary performance review meetings; prompts managers to complete their reviews.
- Collects feedback on employees’ onboarding experience for continual improvements.
- Maintains records of recruitment data & statistics: length of time a position was posted, number of applicants, turnover rates, etc.)
- Assists with various administrative duties within the Department.
- Provides a shared service to Saulteau First Nations commercial entities as required.
- Supports and works collaboratively with other members of the People and Information department.
- Participates actively as an SFN representative in collaborative partner networks and in related community activities.
- Participates in SFN-sponsored community events.
Work is performed primarily during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday