Position Description: Work with the Management & Supervisors, to achieve a high degree of safety Practices, keep reporting up to date and complete Pre-qualification for new clients.
Job Overview: The Health and safety manager will assist all workers to understand their roles within the Health and safety practices. They will set up required training. Success is everyone working together as a team to complete the jobs Safety.
Areas of responsibilities: Supervise and Schedule First Aid Attendants, Health and safety Statistics, Training Coordination, Safety Compliance, Reporting Procedures, Site Safety Management Plans,
Primary Objectives: Keep all personal information Confidential and Report and investigate all accidents / Incidents.
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
1. Administering, monitoring and promoting the HS&E Program, encouraging proactive involvement of all personnel including sub-contractors in managing the program.
2. Ensures the suitability of contractors to work safety.
3. Liaises with construction industry safety agencies, such as:
Ø Work Safe BC.
Ø Duz Cho Construction clients.
4. Investigates reviews, evaluates, and makes recommendations regarding incidents.
5. Oversee the accountability and responsibility of the safety risk, and use the resource is available through the company to support the safety management system and safety issues.
6. Be familiar with the legislation, BCCSA, BC forest, BC mines act, Energy Safety[BL1] Canada and any other sources that could assist and support the safety management system
7. Assists in the process of safety orientations, hazard assessments, safe work procedures, and provide appropriate skills training to all employees.
8. Ensure that action logs are up to date and being completed.
9. Go on work site tours quarterly, in order to observe employee compliance with the health and safety standards and practices. This can be documented on the daily safety meeting, a work site inspection or on an on the job training record.
10. Conduct two-way communication with employees to positively enforce.
11. Ensures that all incidents have been investigated and reports have been prepared in accordance with O.H.S Act and Regulation.
12. Arranges for audits to ensure the HS&E Program is functioning as intended.
13. Accountable for the effective management of all Work Safe B.C cases.
14. Develops a system of planned safety inspections of projects to identify unsafe acts or conditions, and to make recommendations for improvements.
15. Communicates with Company Management regarding safety performance, incident trends, and industry related information.
16. Manages and Implements the Safe and Early Return to Work Program.
17. Monitor legislative changes and inform management and employees.
18. Maintain training records of all employees and sub-contractors.
19. Ensure safety meetings on a regular basis.
20. Ensuring employees and sub-contractors are in compliance with provincial and federal legislation, the company safety policies and procedures, and client specific policies and procedures.
21. Maintains the safety management system, making changes and updates as required.
· Education level – Min CSO.
· Experience – Min 2 years
· Specific skills. – Computer Skills, Documentation
· Personal characteristics. – Communication Skills
· Certifications. – Investigation, Auditor, Leadership for Safety Excellence
· Licenses. – Class 5 Drivers License or Higher
· Physical abilities. – Lift 10 lbs
Broad knowledge and experience in: Occupational Health and safety, construction, Forestry, Oil and Gas,
· Above average skills in: Computer Software,
· Excellent skills in: Communication & Managing time
· Demonstrated ability to: Investigate Incidents
· Demonstrated ability to: Build Job Hazard Analysis
· Demonstrated ability to: Report to Management Action Items
· General knowledge of: BC OH&S, BC Mines Acts, OGC, etc..
Drop resume off in person at Chetwynd office
Complete online application at duzcho.com