Under the direction of the Preschool Supervisor and/or classroom Early Childhood Educator assistant will provide educational direction for the physical, intellectual, social, and emotional development of children in the general age range of three to five years old.
Assist preschool children of all abilities with their physical, intellectual, social and emotional development primarily in group settings by the following:
- Assist the Early Childhood Educator or Preschool Supervisor to carry out daily schedules that incorporate child-directed activity, care routines, and transition times.
- Assist the Early Childhood Educator or Preschool Supervisor to organize the Preschool space, equipment, and materials before activities are offered.
- Under the direction and guidance of the Early Childhood Educator or Preschool Supervisor assist children in expressing themselves by listening and responding with questions or comments that extend conversations.
- Under the direction and guidance of the Early Childhood Educator or Preschool Supervisor to support children with their development in the five areas of the whole child ( physical, social, language, cognitive and emotional)
- Encourage and assist children to practice self help skills daily such as toileting, transitions from one activity to another, preparing snack, getting ready to go outside by modeling, observing, questioning and reinforcing.
- Contribute to the ongoing operation of the program. o Cooking, cleaning, shopping and laundry as required.
- Assist in the overall appearance and décor of the preschool classroom.
- Ensure guidance of children’s behaviour that encourages a positive self concept.
a. Set reasonable behavioural expectations consistent with the centre’s philosophy and policies.
b. Provide positive guidance such as redirecting, positive language, and positive reinforcement and utilize a problem solving approach for conflict.
- Works cooperatively with the Supported Child Development Program and Child Development Support Workers for the inclusion of special needs children in the classroom.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com