Reporting to the Preschool Supervisor the teacher will provide educational direction for the physical, intellectual, social, and emotional development of children in the general age range of three to five years old. The Preschool Teacher will also carry out a variety of related administrative and documentation functions that relate to maintaining the child’s chart. The employee will provide leadership for the daily operation of the Preschool classroom.
FUNCTIONS: Assist preschool children of all abilities with their physical, intellectual, social and emotional development primarily in group settings by the following:
- Plan, carry out, and assess developmentally appropriate activities and experiences in harmony with centre’s philosophy.
- Provide a daily balance of “choice time,” circle, experiential, gross motor, and fine motor activities.
- Establish and carries out a daily schedule that incorporate child-directed activity, care routines, and transition times.
- Organize space, equipment, and materials before activities are offered.
- Assist children in expressing themselves by listening and responding with questions or comments that extend conversations.
- Use a variety of teaching techniques including modeling, observing, questioning, demonstrating, and reinforcing.
- Encourage and assist children to practice self help skills daily such as toileting, transitions from one activity to another, preparing snack, getting ready to go outside, etc.
- Plan and carry out experiences that foster an understanding of a variety of cultures and value systems.
- Provide opportunities for child-directed play experiences.
- Plan and carry out activities that encourage problem solving such as assisting children with conflict resolution and positive interactions.
- Ensure guidance of children’s behaviour that encourages a positive self concept.
a. Set reasonable behavioural expectations consistent with the centre’s philosophy and policies.
b. Provide positive guidance such as redirecting, positive language, and positive reinforcement and utilize a problem solving approach for conflict
- Maintains professional development through continued education, as required
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Early Childhood Education Certificate Program.
Licensed as an Early Childhood Educator by the appropriate licensing body in the province of British Columbia
Valid First Aid and CPR Certification
Confirmed COVID19 Vaccination
Please submit your resume with a copy of your certification to email@example.com