Our Chetwynd, BC construction client is looking for a Controller to join their team. This is 100% in office role working a 40-hour work week, so relocation to Chetwynd is required. As the Controller you will be responsible for full cycle Accounting, Forecasting, Budgeting, Account Reconciliations and Financial Reporting Analysis that would include a forensic feel to reviewing completed jobs. You will lead a team of three accounting staff and have responsibility for accounting functions across 3 companies and over $50M.
Accountabilities and Key Functions:
• Managing the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Statements and Management Discussion and Analysis.
• Providing analysis and accounting policy conclusions in relation to complex accounting matters resulting from new accounting standards, acquisitions, financings and other transactions.
• Managing the month end close
• Reconciliation of all accounts and reconcile to G/L
• Supervision and mentorship as needed for AP, AR and payroll personnel as needed
• Receive and process vendor invoices using Sage 300
• Accounts Receivable/Collections
• Monthly bank reconciliations, and deposits
• Post custom general journal entries
• CRA reporting, source deductions and Payroll, WCB, EHT, etc.
• Assisting in the preparation of the annual budget.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• A recognized Canadian accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) would be a definite asset.
• Minimum 5 years corporate accounting experience in a dynamic, fast paced, multi-faceted environment.
• A strong business acumen and strategic thinking in their approach to accounting functions
• Construction industry experience is a definite asset.
• Demonstrated technical expertise, expert knowledge of accounting standards and proficiency in accounting and financial functions and analysis
• Strong Excel and Microsoft office skills
• Experience with Sage 300 is preferred
Please submit your resume and targeted salary range