The City of Dawson Creek invites applications for a permanent full-time Aquatics Lifeguard/Instructor II position. Shifts may vary based on operational requirements. Under the general supervision of the Aquatics Coordinator or designate, a Lifeguard/Instructor II performs lifeguarding duties, as well as minor maintenance, and provides instruction in a number of aquatic programs and skills at the Kenn Borek Aquatic Centre.
The successful applicant must demonstrate ability and possess the following current qualifications:
- Current National Lifeguard Award (Pool Option);
- Current Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification;
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED certification;
- Current Lifesaving Instructor Certification;
- Pool Operator Certification Level 1;
- Current Aquatic Fitness Instructor Certification from a recognized organization;
- Completion of Grade 12, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and
- 1000 hours of experience as a Lifeguard/Instructor.
The successful applicant will be required to complete and submit a Criminal Record Search (Vulnerable Sector), the results of which must be satisfactory to the City. Along with a demonstrated teaching and leadership ability, the successful applicant will have the ability to perform all duties in a safe manner and to maintain harmonious relationships with all members of the public and other staff members. Physical agility, the ability to complete duties requiring physical effort and a proven ability to provide excellent service to the public are required. Copies of awards must be submitted with application.
A complete job description is available upon request.
Candidates should submit a résumé by emailing a pdf or word document to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job posting name and number in the subject line, no later than 4:30 pm on the closing date referenced above.