4729 - 51st Street, Chetwynd BC
The Administrative Assistant will assist the Tansi Friendship Centre Society Staff in all aspects of administrative duties. This includes assisting with regular weekly events including elders' group, food bank and community lunch. The Administrative Assistant will greet visitors, answer and refer inbound telephone calls and help with the routine within the TFCS main building.
- Present a positive and professional image of the organization during all interactions with outside agencies, staff, board of directors and community members.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, faxing, electronic and hardcopy file maintenance, data entry, front desk supports, and mail in-out.
- Respond to telephone, e-mail and in-person inquiries from clients and other parties.
- Provide administrative support to all TFCS staff members.
- Take meeting minutes as per request.
- Assist with maintaining client database and submitting reports to funder.
- Follow up with and supports clients as necessary.
- Assist with daily janitorial duties for the entire building including stocking bathrooms.
- To work as part of the Tansi Friendship Centre team.
- Assist with any other programs as necessary as put on by the TFCS organization.
- Involvement in fundraising activities.
- Prepare a quarterly report to the board of directors.
- Attend all staff meetings and the annual general meeting.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions.
- Assist with other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong written, listening, and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment.
- Knowledge of community resources and services within Chetwynd.
- Valid BC Driver's License.
- Must be proficient with computers and be able to navigate files, email, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or direction, high degree of organization.
- A strong work ethic - reliable, punctual, and responsible
- The ability to stay positive under pressure.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Criminal Record Check - vulnerable sector.
- Valid Standard First Aid or willing to obtain.
- Valid food safe or willing to obtain.
Skills and Abillities
Hours & Schedule
35 hrs/week - Mon. - Thurs. 8:30am to 4:30pm, Fri. 8:30am to 1:30pm
As soon as possible
Number of Vacancies
How to Apply
Pursuant to section 42 of the Human rights Code, preference will be given to applicants who identify as Indigenous.
Please submit your resume and references via email at firstname.lastname@example.org